“Offers the sort of reassuringly calm but forceful and no-nonsense advice that can only come with years of experience”
– LEGAL 500
Gary enjoys an outstanding reputation as one of the UK’s leading individual criminal defence and regulatory solicitors. Gary’s reputation and specialist legal portfolio are such that he receives instructions from leading companies and ultra-high net worth individuals in international jurisdictions as well as in the UK. In addition, Gary is frequently referred to serious and complex defence investigations and cases by the UK and international law firms, financial institutions and barristers’ chambers. This breadth of work provides for a thriving general private criminal defence practice.
Gary’s reputation ensures that the country’s leading defence QCs, barristers and other leading experts are on hand to act on behalf of his clients and play an essential role within the defence team. Gary has appeared on both TV and Radio commenting upon the law and his cases and continues to be available to comment to the media as an expert criminal defense lawyer.
A uniquely experienced solicitor, Gary’s expertise means that he and his team are routinely instructed in the following cases:
- All serious fraud work including SFO investigations, cartel offences, company investigations, MTIC, diversion and PONZI frauds, boiler room frauds investment frauds, money laundering business trading frauds, tax fraud, short and long term frauds, insider dealing, market abuse, bribery and corruption (including cross border corruption investigations) and all POCA related matters
- Business regulatory law, breaches of health and safety and health and safety acts, corporate manslaughter, food safety, trading standards, consumer protection and environmental health
- Investigations by the Iraq Historic Allegations Team (IHAT), now known as the Service Police Legacy Investigations
- Allegations of war crimes
- Electoral matters
- Investigations brought by the Competition and Markets Authority (formerly OFT)
- European Arrest Warrants (EAW) and Interpol Red Notices
- Disqualification of directors, judicial review and case stated
- Professional Disciplinary, SRA, BSB and sports regulatory law
- General criminal defence work
Check the contact details on the right or use our contact form.