“Knows POCA inside out, works tirelessly on behalf of her clients”
-Chambers & Partners
Nadia is a Solicitor-Advocate and a recognised expert in relation to all Confiscation and Restraint matters brought under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA). Due to the large number of instructions the Blackfords LLP POCA Team receives, Nadia works solely on these specialist cases heading up teams on the most complex cases and ensuring each case is prioritised and allocated within the department. Nadia’s exceptional knowledge, excellent client care and outstanding results are acknowledged within the legal profession and one of her cases R v R is referred to within ‘The Confiscation Law Handbook’ [Bloomsbury Professional 2011].
- Complex matters dealt with by Nadia include:
- Confiscation and Restraint matters that arise from a vast majority of criminal proceedings
- Enforcement matters (where original Confiscation Order has not been paid)
- Extensions of time in which to pay the Confiscation Order under Section 11 POCA 2002
- Variation of Confiscation Orders under Section 23 POCA 2002
- Uplifts of Confiscation and Revaluations under Section 22 POCA 2002
- VHCC matters
- Serious Crime Prevention Orders
- Financial Reporting Orders
Nadia routinely receives instructions from Counsel who have been asked to recommend an expert lawyer, other lawyers and client referrals (often representing clients in custody). Given the specialist nature of her work, Nadia represents clients across the UK and internationally and frequently travels.
When cases require, Nadia work closely with the country’s most experienced defence forensic accountants and other esteemed experts.