The 6 am dawn raid has become an increasingly used tool in the arsenal of investigators from:
- The Serious Fraud Office (SFO)
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- National Crime Agency (NCA)
- City of London Police
- Trading Standards and Environmental Agencies
- Competitions and Markets Authority (CMA)
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
The dawn raid is merely the execution of a court ordered search warrant. It can be executed at home addresses or multiple places of business simultaneously. Usually large quantities of documentation and data may be the subject of the search and ultimately seizure.
We can advise on the validity of the search, assist in the retention of material not included, protect items which are covered by legal professional privilege or seek copies of seized material. We can advise on the options available to you and the next steps.
Please speak with any of our key contacts for assistance with any of these issues.