As more and more of us, both in our personal lives and professional occupations, store data online or communicate electronically, there has come an increased need for greater vigilance and security over that data. It is important to remember however, the protection of data is not solely electronic data, it includes all records that organisations or companies hold.
Whether it be as the victim of a data breach or the unwitting professional perpetrator of one, the consequences are far reaching in terms of damage to personal or professional reputation, financial loss or the penalties that can be imposed by regulators.
Our specialist lawyers can assist with
- Breaches of the Data Protection Act 1998
- Investigations by the Information Commissioner
- Subject access requests
- Compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- Criminal investigations and proceedings
- Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI) requests