Andrew has over 20 years experience representing clients at police stations, Magistrates’ courts and Crown courts throughout England & Wales.
He has extensive experience conducting cases across the criminal spectrum, specialising in serious and complex cases. His areas of particular interest are homicide; sexual offences; drug conspiracies.
As a Higher Court Advocate Andrew is able to represent clients from the police station through to trial whether that be in the lower or higher courts.
Andrew’s instructions are usually from clients who privately fund their defence however in exceptional cases he will consider publicly funded clients.
Andrew’s client base includes professionals from the medical, political, finance and entertainment sectors and is the “go to” solicitor for many West End actors. He is also frequently instructed by minority groups including the traveller community. He has been involved in several high-profile cases involving international footballers and globally renowned recording artists. His cases have attracted national and international media coverage and he has appeared in television documentaries as well as being instructed as a legal adviser for a British film.
He is regularly instructed to defend clients prosecuted by the National Crime Agency (previously known as the Serious Organised Crime Agency), Serious Fraud Office, Sapphire Unit (serious sex offence unit in the Metropolitan Police), as well as Trading Standards and HMRC.
He is pro-active and meticulous in his preparation and provides a calming and reassuring presence for his clients. He is a measured and persuasive advocate regularly achieving outcomes that surpass clients’ expectations.
- R v M & M – Canterbury Crown Court – PEOPLE TRAFFICKING – 2021 – Andrew has been instructed privately to represent two company directors who have been charged with trafficking females from Europe to the UK. Their trial commences in 2022.
- R v R – Kingston Crown Court – PERJURY – 2021 – Andrew is currently instructed privately to represent the defendant following a charge of perjury. The client was originally charged with perverting the course of justice but following representations from Andrew the CPS reduced the charge to perjury. The defendant is accused of giving false evidence during a multi-million pound drugs conspiracy trial in 2017. The trial is due to take place in April 2022.
- R v C – Central Criminal Court – CONSPIRACY TO MURDER – 2021 – Andrew is currently instructed to represent one of the defendant’s accused in a multi-defendant conspiracy to murder case.
- R v M – Kingston Crown Court – RAPE – 2021 – Andrew was recently instructed on a privately funded basis by a professor of science who was accused of rape. The trial concluded in September 2021 with client being found not guilty of both counts of rape.
- R v P – Isleworth Crown Court – SECTION 18 GBH – 2021 – Andrew accepted instruction on a publicly funded basis for a client he previously represented in 2019 for murder which he was found not guilty. The client was charged with section 18 GBH having engaged in a group attack of a male causing serious injuries.
- R v W – Aylesbury Crown Court – FIREARMS – 2021 – Andrew was instructed privately to represent the client who was charged with possession of a firearm where the mandatory minimum 5 year sentence applied. Following the instruction of a firearm expert Andrew successfully argued, before the Crown Court, that the case should be dismissed, the judge accepted the submissions and a formal verdict of not guilty was recorded.
- R v W & H – Aylesbury Crown Court – OFFENSIVE WEAPONS – 2021 – Andrew was instructed privately to act for two friends charged with possessing and threatening a neighbour with knives. Following written representations to the CPS the case was dismissed.
- R v P – Central Criminal Court – MURDER – 2020 – Andrew was instructed in a multi-defendant case to act for a 17 year old client charged with the murder of an 18 year old male. The defendant was found not guilty of murder following a lengthy trial at the Old Bailey.
- R v B – Central Criminal Court – MURDER 2019 – Andrew was instructed in a multidefendant case to act for a 16 year old client charged with the murder of an 46 year old male. Following a trial his client was found not guilty of murder.
- Police v S – Headingly PS – CONSPIRACY TO ROB – 2019 – Andrew was instructed to act for a suspect who allegedly conspired in the robbery of a Yorkshire jewellers. Andrew’s early and positive intervention ensured the client was properly represented and resulted in no further action
- R v M – Reading Crown Court – BLACKMAIL & THREATS TO KILL – 2018 – Andrew was instructed by an international businessman from Dubai who had been wanted by the UK authorities for over 5 years as a result of the client leaving the jurisdiction after being released on bail after his initial arrest. On instructions from the client, Andrew facilitated the client’s return to England. The client was arrested in a controlled manner due to Andrew negotiating the terms of the client’s return with the British Authorities. The client was charged with Blackmail and Threats to Kill but following a bail application at the Magistrates’ court at the First Appearance the court granted the client conditional bail notwithstanding the prosecution strenuously opposing the application. The case was listed for trial at Reading Crown Court but following written submissions to the Crown Prosecution Service, they Offered No Evidence a week before the trial was to commence and not guilty verdicts were recorded.
- R v L – Central Criminal Court – MURDER -2016 – Andrew was instructed to act for a North Korean female accused of killing her husband by stabbing him to death. Following the killing it was alleged that she wrote a suicide note confessing to the crime and then attempted suicide. Andrew represented the client during her lengthy detention at the police station and protected the client’s legal rights negating the need for her to answer any of the police officer’s questions and advanced her defence on her behalf by way of written representations. The prosecution charged the client with murder and following a two week trial the jury unanimously acquitted the client.
- R v B – Reading Crown Court – RAPE & SEXUAL ASSAULT -2016 – Andrew was instructed privately by the Traveller Community to act for the defendant who had been charged rape and sexual assault against two women on two separate occasions. The defendant had initially instructed local solicitors, but the client’s family instructed Andrew when the original solicitors failed to obtain bail for the defendant. Andrew took over conduct of the case and immediately listed it for a bail application at the Crown Court and bail was granted. Following a 7 day trial the jury returned unanimous not guilty verdicts on all counts.
- P v E – Canterbury PS – MODERN SLAVERY & HUMAN TRAFFICKING – 2016 – Andrew was instructed privately by the client who was accused of modern slavery and money laundering in that he was using his car wash business to launder money and that many of the individuals working for him were being subject to conditions which fell within the definition of modern day slavery. Following Andrew’s intervention and written submissions to the police Offered No Evidence against the client and all assets were returned and bank accounts unfrozen.
- Law Society
- Solicitors Regulatory Association
- London Criminal Court Solicitors’ Association
- Solicitors Association of Higher Court Advocates