Nicola joined Blackfords LLP during 2017, and has 20 years post qualification experience in criminal law.
She specialises in the defence of serious crime and fraud cases and has been recommended for her specialism in white collar crime in the Legal 500.
Nicola has been involved in a number of high profile cases over the years and regularly deals with complex cases involving many thousands of pages of evidence.
She also advises clients in relation to ancillary matters such as Restraint Orders and confiscation.
Nicola also specialises in the defence of regulatory matters, such as health and safety prosecutions and appeals against the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
What the directories say
Rising Star, Legal 500 2023
- “A perfect fraud defence solicitor, with an exceptionally soothing client manner backed up by an enormous capacity for detail work.” – Legal 500, 2023
- “Excellent litigator Nicola Mitchard deserved high praise for her unstinting work ethic.” – Legal 500, 2022
- “Detailed, diligent and willing to go the extra mile” – Legal 500, 2021
- “Flourishing reputation for handling fraud and money laundering cases” – Legal 500, 2020
- “Exceptionally thorough” – Legal 500, 2014
- £4M legal aid fraud – representing a solicitor
- Representing healthcare professionals, including a high profile dentist, in relation to an alleged conspiracy to defraud the NHS and private patients.
- £4 billion pound mortgage fraud listed before the Central Criminal Court.
- Conspiracy to cheat the Inland Revenue – representing a solicitor.
- £1.8M conspiracy to defraud the Department of Work and Pensions.
- £2M conspiracy to supply Class A and Class B drugs across the UK.
- £72M SFO Prosecution – conspiracy to defraud – involving a multi-million pound commercial transaction and the use of off shore companies.