“She has a razor sharp strategic eye which she deploys to the advantage of every client”
– Legal 500
Hannah Giles started her career in Criminal Law following successfully completing the Bar Vocational Course in 2008. Hannah subsequently cross-qualified to become a Solicitor, and undertook her Higher Rights of Audience to become a Solicitor Advocate. Hannah is now Head of our Criminal Defence Team in the Woking Office.
Hannah has extensive experience of publicly funded and private work encompassing a wide range of matters, including:
- Dishonesty offences
- Offences against the person
- Gang crime
- Sexual offences
Hannah regularly represents clients from the start of their case in the Police Station, right through to the Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court.
Hannah is efficient and hardworking, with a keen eye for detail. Hannah is respected for her tenacious approach to cases and her dedication to securing the best result for her clients.
Explore our legal services here
What the Directories say
Rising Star – Legal 500, 2023
- “An energetic, skilled and committed lawyer.” (Legal 500, 2022
- “Has a razor sharp strategic eye which she deploys to the advantage of every client. She rarely stops working and is always available to discuss a client’s case.” (Legal 500, 2022)
- “Capable, diligent, excellent to work with” (Legal 500, 2020)
- R v S – Defendant charged with Conspiracy to Assist Unlawful Immigration in 8 week ‘Sham Marriages’ trial involving a number of defendants. Defendant was the only one acquitted following trial.
- R v P – Defendant charged with multiple historic Sexual Offences against his ex-partner’s daughter. Defendant was acquitted after trial of all allegations.
- R v S – Defendant charged with knifepoint Rape of a Schoolgirl in a wooded area. Defendant was linked to the offence 6 years after the incident by DNA evidence. Case later proceeded to the Court of Appeal by way of an Attorney General’s Reference.
- R v R – Defendant charged with s.18 GBH involving a stabbing leaving the complainant requiring Plastic surgery.
- R v D – Defendant charged with multiple Rapes against his ex-partner. On-going disclosure issues with the Prosecution pursued right up until trial which resulted in an acquittal of all the allegations.
- R v D– Defendant was charged with Possession with Intent to Supply Cannabis. The Crown offered no evidence against her prior to trial.
- R v D – Defendant charged with Witness Intimidation regarding Rape allegations against his son. The first trial concluded with a hung jury and he was acquitted at his re-trial.
- R v S – Defendant charged in a Joint Enterprise Robbery with two Co- Defendants.
- R v F – Defendant charged with Conspiracy to supply Cocaine (40 kg) and Ecstasy (over 1,000,000 tablets), at one stage said to be the largest single seizure of ecstasy in the UK. The Defendant was on day release from prison during the period when he was the subject of surveillance lasting for nearly six months.
- R v L – Defendant charged with Manslaughter and Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm. Defendant punched a 67-year-old male in the face on a London pleasure boat during an altercation and he subsequently suffered a heart attack and died.
- R v K – Defendant charged with multiple counts of Sexual Activity with a Child. The first trial concluded with a hung jury and he was acquitted at his re-trial.
- R v C – Defendant charged with Assault by Beating. No formal ID procedures conducted and ID Sucessfully challenged at trial leading to an acquittal.
- R v H – Defendant charged with ABH. Medical evidence adduced via a Defence Case Statement which resulted in an acquittal at trial.
- R v F – Defendant charged with Causing Intentional Harassment Alarm or Distress. Case involved adducing the bad character of a non-defendant successfully.
- R v G – Defendant charged with two Dwelling Burglaries and two Thefts.
- R v M – Defendant charged with Assault by Beating. Crown offered no evidence on the day of the trial.
Memberships & associations
- Member of Lincoln’s Inn
- Criminal Litigation Accreditation Scheme